The main advantage of the spiral conveyors is that it allows placement maximum amount of product in a minimum space.
The spiral conveyor structure is a drum,which is drive mechanism and modular belt is wound it around in a spiral path. The belt is driven by the drum moves on supported profiles. When the belt come the drum down it come back on reverse section to the beginning of spiral path.
The drive of the spiral conveyor can be done in two ways: the axis of the drum directly connected to the hollow shaft of motor drive or the axis of the drum is connected to the shaft of motor drive through a chain transmission. The choice depends on the parameters of the spiral conveyor.
Characteristics of the spiral conveyor may vary considerably depending on the task. Initial data for calculation:
- Layout of the department in which it is planned to place the conveyor;
- Environmental conditions;
- Material of construction;
- Stay time of the product on the belt;
- Product type;
- Product capacity;
- The geometric parameters of the product;
- Linkage with other equipment in the department.
After processing the requirements specification is carried out calculation of the basic construction parameters:
- Number of tiers
- The diameter of the drum
- The width and the type of belt
- Tier height
- The direction of winding (clockwise or anticlockwise)
- Arrangement of incoming and outcoming conveyor sections
- The length of incoming and outcoming sections
- The height entry and exit of the conveyor
- Speed of drum rotation
Safety is carried out by using of emergency button and signaling.
The most common use of spiral conveyors in the food industry:
- System shock freezing products
- Cooling bakery products after the oven
- Careful descent or lifting products
- Buffer of products
To order, please, contact us by phone +371 66 016 253, or e-mail email@example.com