Spiral conveyors offer a significant advantage by maximizing product placement within a minimal space. The conveyor structure comprises a drum, which acts as the drive mechanism, and a modular belt that spirals around it. The belt moves on supported profiles and when it reaches the bottom of the drum, it returns on the reverse section to the beginning of the spiral path.
The drive mechanism of the spiral conveyor can be implemented in two ways: either by directly connecting the axis of the drum to the hollow shaft of the motor drive or by connecting the axis of the drum to the shaft of the motor drive through a chain transmission. The selection of the appropriate drive mechanism is contingent upon the specific parameters of the spiral conveyor.
Characteristics of the spiral conveyor may vary considerably depending on the task. Initial data for calculation:
- The layout of the department in which it is planned to place the conveyor;
- Environmental conditions;
- Material of construction;
- Stay time of the product on the belt;
- Product type;
- Product capacity;
- The geometric parameters of the product;
- Linkage with other equipment in the department.
After processing the requirements specification is carried out calculation of the basic construction parameters:
- Number of tiers
- The diameter of the drum
- The width and the type of belt
- Tier height
- The direction of winding (clockwise or anticlockwise)
- Arrangement of incoming and outcoming conveyor sections
- The length of incoming and outcoming sections
- The height entry and exit of the conveyor
- Speed of drum rotation
Safety is carried out by using of emergency button and signaling.
The most common use of spiral conveyors in the food industry:
- System shock freezing products
- Cooling bakery products after the oven
- Careful descent or lifting of products
- Buffer of products
To order, please, contact us by phone at + 371 28014638, or by e-mail email@example.com